Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2025 All Rights Reserved

State of emergency in Bulgaria to be lifted on May 13

Minister Goranov
Photo: BGNES

The state of emergency will not be extended as there is a gradual shift towards restoring socio-economic life. All economic measures are extended by 2 months. Some social and protective measures are extended until September and the end of the year. This will be done through a bill voted by parliament, Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov has announced.

With the amendments to the Health Act, the Minister will be able to announce an extraordinary situation in case of epidemic and issue the order for its implementation, Minister of Healthcare Kiril Ananiev said. The administrative acts of the Minister of Health may be appealed at two instances. After May 13, operation of the judicial system is fully restored. The restriction on restraints remains, Justice Minister Daniel Kirilov said.

There will be no National External Assessment for 4 and 10 graders in schools, the government has also announced.




Последвайте ни и в Google News Showcase, за да научите най-важното от деня!
Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

Delyan Peevski

''DPS – New Beginning'' urges that local taxes remain unchanged in 2026

“I call on all representatives of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms in local government — mayors and municipal councilors — to ensure security and predictability for the people and to take the necessary steps to keep all local taxes and fees..

published on 11/25/25 10:02 AM

Bulgaria rises in global digital quality of life ranking

Bulgaria has climbed to 11th place in this year’s Digital Quality of Life 2025 (DQL) index published by Surfshark, up from 18th last year, BTA reported. The index evaluates countries’ digital well-being across five dimensions: fixed broadband..

published on 11/25/25 9:45 AM
Todor Chobanov

Bulgaria expects the return of over 2,700 antiques from abroad

Around 90% of the antiques seized during an international operation targeting a cultural property trafficking network will be returned to Bulgaria, Deputy Minister of Culture Todor Chobanov told “Nova TV”.   “This is an unprecedented operation in..

published on 11/25/25 9:22 AM