Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2025 All Rights Reserved

Siyka Sharafi to BNR: Bulgarians were among the first foreigners to leave Gaza

Photo: EPA/BGNES

Speaking to BNR, Bulgarian Siyka Sharafi, who lives permanently in Gaza but was visiting Bulgaria when the conflict broke out, said that her son and his family, who were on the Bulgarian embassy's list of 37 Bulgarians who wanted to leave Gaza, had already crossed the border today. 

The Bulgarian consul in Cairo was waiting for them on the Egyptian side of the border. Sharafi said she was satisfied with the actions of the Bulgarian authorities and thanked the Bulgarian embassy in Ramallah, the embassy in Cairo and the Foreign Ministry. "People have been working quietly and the first group of foreigners to leave Gaza are Bulgarian citizens. I have received calls from Russian women asking why the Bulgarians were evacuated while the others weren't. This is all the result of the work of Bulgarian diplomats," said Siyka Sharafi.



Последвайте ни и в Google News Showcase, за да научите най-важното от деня!
Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

State-owned enterprises to combat corruption through a compliance officer

The National Assembly has introduced a new requirement for state-owned enterprises to implement corruption risk management systems, which will also include appointing an integrity officer. The measure is recommended by the Organisation for Economic..

published on 11/27/25 1:30 PM

Budget 2026 is being frozen, GERB are ready to rule with the old budget

GERB leader Boyko Borissov said that he did not like budget 2026 and it would be frozen. Speaking to the media in parliament, Borissov said that the Joint Governance Council of the formations in the government, the Prime Minister..

published on 11/27/25 11:18 AM
Hristijan Mickoski

North Macedonian Prime Minister mocks attacked Macedonian Bulgarian Vladimir Perev

North Macedonian Prime Minister Hristijan Mickoski accused attacked Macedonian Bulgarian journalist Vladimir Perev of staging the attack and self-harm, BGNES has reported. On November 21, in a shop in the center of Skopje, Perev..

published on 11/27/25 8:55 AM