Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2025 All Rights Reserved

Bulgaria has not received any requests for evacuation of Bulgarian citizens after the attack on Israel

Photo: EPA/BGNES

There is no immediate threat to Bulgaria's national security, the government press service said. On the occasion of the Iranian attack on Israel, caretaker Prеmier Dimitar Glavchev convened this morning a working meeting with the participation of Defence Minister Atanas Zapryanov, Transport Minister Georgi Gvozdeykov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Maria Dimitrova, Bulgaria’s Chief of Defense Emil Eftimov and representatives of the security services.

So far, Bulgaria has not received any requests for the evacuation of Bulgarian citizens. The government is closely monitoring the situation and is prepared to take further action if necessary.

‘’Bulgaria is deeply concerned about the unacceptable Iranian attack against Israel. This is an unprecedented escalation that poses a serious threat to regional security", the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.




Последвайте ни и в Google News Showcase, за да научите най-важното от деня!
Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

Sofia marks 146 years since it became the capital of Bulgaria

Sofia celebrates 146 years since its declaration as the capital of Bulgaria. At the proposal of historian, scientist and statesman Prof. Marin Drinov, on April 3, 1879, the Constituent Assembly in the old capital Veliko Tarnovo..

published on 4/3/25 1:19 PM
Kiril Petkov

PP/DB will not take part in today’s vote of no confidence, Kiril Petkov says

“We Continue the Change/Democratic Bulgaria (PP/DB) will not take part in today’s vote of no confidence in the government of Rosen Zhelyazkov,” said PP co-chair Kiril Petkov. “The motion of no confidence we shall submit after the accession date for..

published on 4/3/25 11:13 AM
Sofia Mayor Vassil Terziev

Sofia municipality plan envisages modern tourism conditions and year-round access to Mount Vitosha

A Sofia municipality plan for the development of Mount Vitosha envisages improving transport connectivity and year-round access to the mountain. The most important thing is for Vitosha to be integrated into the city, Sofia mayor Vassil Terziev..

published on 4/3/25 10:46 AM